Early Years Educator/Forest School Co-ordinator
Permanent, Term-Time only
36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Monday to Friday
Salary Grade: Scale 6 (Spine Point 18)
£30,040 - £30,984, pro-rata
£34,770 - £35,862 pa (Full-time equivalent)
(Negotiable based on experience & qualifications)
The Thames Federation consists of one maintained primary school and two maintained nursery schools in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
The Thames Federation Mission statement is; -
‘Building community; committed to excellence’
At the Thames Federation, our leaders and teachers are ambitious for the children and their families.
- have high expectations for behaviour and learning;
- deliver a creative curriculum which enriches the children’s learning experience;
- expect excellent outcomes for all our pupils.
By the time our children leave the Thames Federation, they will have a ‘can do’ attitude and will be empowered to pursue excellence in everything they do.
The Thames Federation is seeking to appoint an Early Years Educator / Forest School Co-ordinator for Bayonne and James Lee nursery schools situated in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.
What we are looking for?
A qualified and experienced Early Years Educator with a keen interest in outdoor learning is required as soon as possible to develop, support and deliver Forest School sessions to early years children.
Our Forest School has become well established over the last nine years and is recognised as outstanding. The post will be split across the two nursery schools. The post holder will also be required to support the teaching and learning of children within the classroom at both schools.
If you are passionate about outdoor learning for children and have experience of working with children in the Early Years Foundation Stage, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. The willingness to train to become a fully qualified Forest School Leader would be both encouraged and supported.
The successful candidate will be qualified to a NVQ or NNEB equivalent qualification in Education and Childcare. The candidate will ideally have previous key worker experience and have a passion for working in early years.
For more information about the role please refer to the job description and person specification. Visits to the nurseries are encouraged and welcomed. Should you wish to arrange a visit or if you have any queries, please contact Janice Moore, Head of School:
- Bayonne Nursery School: 020 7385 5366
- James Lee Nursery School: 020 8741 8877
Closing date: The advert will remain live until a successful candidate has been appointed.
The Thames Federation values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The Thames Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS is required for the successful candidate in accordance with the Thames Federation Safer Recruitment policy.
To apply: Click the link below to download the Thames Federation Application form. Please email Venessa George, HR Assistant your completed form stating the Job reference number to: email@example.com
To learn more about the Thames Federation of Schools, please visit the following websites:
- Bayonne Nursery School - 50 Paynes Walk, Hammersmith, W6 8PF
- James Lee Nursery School - Gliddon Road, Hammersmith, W14 9BH
- The Thames Federation values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to safer recruitment practices, including carrying out an online search on shortlisted candidates. A successful Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for all posts.
- The Thames Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment.
- If you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job reference: EYE /FSC/061023